Day 7 - Better than yesterday

So today run was 10 minutes plus, was a lot better than yesterday, stopped once, even though the run was longer in a sense, as I spent more time than yesterday, felt a little pain on my left knee when I started, it was all gone by the time I was done. I don't have a scale at home so yesterday I stopped at the hospital in the evening to use their scale (the hospital is pretty close to the house) my last weight was 84.8 kg (and that was Monday last week) as of yesterday evening when I checked I was 83.3kg, so my short jogs I had lost 1.5kg in 6 days. Today is day 7 think this is going to be the way the rest of my life would be, it's really fun already feeling lighter in my step. In a few months I will be expecting a new change to my life, so trying to build my mind and body to anticipate the change is also a good step in the right direction. wouldn't share what it is but will keep the surprise till then. 
COVID 19 has really changed the world we live in, life in many ways has been reinvented, I have some a business in the fashion industry, taking way office work, religious gatherings and ceremonies have reduced the need for new clothing to a large extent, shared the need with some friends the need to focus more on casual streetwear as urban might become part of the new normal. So decided to even pivot a bit and set up a new idea that has been in the works in the idea stage with some friends, would share more details as the days go by.
On the political scene, its been a bit silent but I guess a lot has been happening, the president has a new chief of staff Ibrahim Gambari, looking at his track record its clear the president has an eye for experienced administrators, in as much as I would have preferred a younger chief of staff with the experience I this case age is an added advantage. Rivers state has started its lockdown and many folks have varying opinions but I would say this, whatever reasons governor Wike's has for being very visible and deliberately trying to always make the news either to get the FG to see his actions towards the covid19 fight or just to raise donations from businesses within the state, he should consider he's post-gubernatorial days, 2023 it's not so far away.
Sanwo-Olu has used this pandemic to his own advantage he's reputation has skyrocketed, he's been very up to the task, also having a state like Lagos I think he's been juggling his duties overall pretty good, road construction and management has resumed, waste management didn't stop during the lockdown, health infrastructures have improved across the state, testing and collection sites have also been working better. 
I think I would stop here, for now, remember life  is all about perspectives, always appreciate where you are currently and learn to pet the neighborhood cat

Comments